Jungle Meets Beach (12-Day Tour)
Dream away listening to the melodies of the Sumatran rain forest and the very next day bubble through coral reefs and deep canyons spotting spectacular marine life in the Indian Ocean. Sumatra EcoTravel proudly presents this fantastic combination of jungle and island experience. The “Jungle Meets Beach” package is created for our nature loving guests who want to experience the Gunung Leuser National Park on a memorable 3-day jungle-trek, followed by a relaxing stay on a secluded beach on the island of Pulau Weh.
- DAY 01: Air-con transfer (car or minibus) from your Medan hotel (3 hours) or from Kuala Namu Airport (5 hours) to Bukit Lawang: including driver, petrol & porter service for your luggage. Check in to your hotel in Bukit Lawang: EcoTravel Cottages, Jungle View Room, bathroom with western toilet and hot water shower, fan, balcony with jungle/river view, breakfast
- DAY 02/03/04: “Jungle Explorer” (3-day tour): 3-day trek in the Gunung Leuser National Park, 2 nights on a campsite in the jungle, stop at the old orangutan feeding platform area & traditional tube rafting down the Bohorok River back to Bukit Lawang after trekking: includes English speaking guides, porter, rafting skipper, cook, all food and drinking water while trekking, all equipment (tent, mattress, sleeping bag, mosquito net, tubes, safety jackets), luggage storage. Starts at 08:30 am. After trekking stay another night in Bukit Lawang: EcoTravel Cottages, Jungle View Room, bathroom with western toilet and hot water shower, fan, balcony with jungle/river view, breakfast
- DAY 05: “Explore Local Life” (1/2-day tour): Unique tour by mountain bike (or by becak, a traditional Tuk-Tuk taxi) along rice fields, rubber plantations and through the villages surrounding Bukit Lawang to Kampung Bukit where you stop at traditional sugar, tofu and bamboo/palm leaves weaving “factories”. Then you will travel on to Simpang Mursal Timbangjaya having a typical local lunch with the villagers: includes English speaking guide, mountain bike & equipment (or becak, driver & petrol), lunch, drinking water, donation to the villagers. Starts at 09:00 am. Afterwards air-con transfer (car or minibus) from Bukit Lawang back to Medan Hotel Deli River (3 hours): including porter service for your luggage, driver & petrol. Starts at 14:30 am. Check in to your hotel in Medan: Hotel Deli River, Deluxe Room, bathroom with western toilet and hot water shower, air-con, balcony with garden view, breakfast (take-away only!)
- DAY 06: Air-con transfer from Hotel Deli River to Kuala Namu Airport (1 hour): including driver & petrol. Starts at 05:45 am (flight departure 07:50 am, Citilink QG10)
- DAY 06: Pickup from Sabang Airport at 08:55 am, air-con transfer to Banda Aceh’s Ulee Lheue ferry port (30 min), boat tickest for Bahari Express Ferry (starts at 10:00 am / 45 min) to Pulau Weh and transport by local taxi to Freddies Ecoresort (30 min): including driver & petrol. Check in to your hotel on Pulau Weh Island: Freddies Santai Sumur Tiga, Deluxe Appartement right on the beach, fan, bathroom, balcony with sea view, breakfast
- DAY 07 – 11: Spend 5 days of leisure time on Pulau Weh swimming, snorkeling, diving or why not try and explore the island? Our partner Freddie will love to organize tours for you if required. You can also rent a motorbike and travel around by yourself. Don’t miss a visit to the Iboih Coral Garden and to Kilometer Zero, the northernmost point of the Indonesian archipelago. Stay four more nights on Pulau Weh: Freddies Santai Sumur Tiga, Deluxe Appartement, fan, bathroom, balcony with sea view, breakfast
- DAY 12: Transport by local taxi from Freddies Ecoresort to Sabang’s Balohan ferry port (30 min), boat tickets for Bahari Express Ferry (starts at 8:00 am / 45 min) to Banda Aceh’s Ulee Lheue ferry port and air-con transfer to Banda Aceh Sultan Iskandar Muda airport (30 min): including driver & petrol. Starts at 07:30 am (flight departure Not before 11:30 pm!)
|Price per person / min 2 pax|
|Standard Option||448 Euro|
Only the standard package is listed in detail on our website. The higher price of the deluxe option results from a better room type (Jungle View Suite / EcoTravel Cottages) at Bukit Lawang and Lake Toba (Toba Suite / Tabo Cottages). The budget option includes the least expensive room type in the jungle and on Lake Toba (Batak Room, EcoTravel Cottages / Deluxe Room, Tabo Cottage). The budget package does not include transfers to/from Medan.
Unfortunately this is not possible. We run our tours on fixed days, arrival/departure at EcoTravel Cottages is on Mondays/Fridays only, suiting our packages. Some packages also start on Saturdays. But you could add, skip or change some tours in your chosen package frame, if required. It is also possible to extend your stay at our partners on Lake Toba, in Medan or on Pulau Weh – subject to availability. And if all this still doesn’t suit you, why not join our tours only and book your accommodation individually somewhere else?
Please make sure not to arrive in Bukit Lawang any later than 19:00 pm! There is also a meeting with your guide team at our EcoTravel Cottages/Office between 16:00 pm – 19:00 pm, where you will be given essential information and an introduction to your trek starting the next morning. From Medan Airport, there are 4.5 hours of transfer to Bukit Lawang, so please make absolutely sure that your flight arrives before 14:30 pm. Later arrivals won’t be able to join our tours the following day.