Jungle Meets Beach (11-Day Tour)
Dream away listening to the melodies of the Sumatran rain forest and the very next day bubble through coral reefs and deep canyons spotting spectacular marine life in the Indian Ocean. Sumatra EcoTravel proudly presents this fantastic combination of jungle and island experience. The “Jungle Meets Beach” package is created for our nature loving guests who want to experience the Gunung Leuser National Park on a memorable 3-day jungle-trek, followed by a relaxing stay on a secluded beach on the island of Pulau Weh.
- DAY 01: Air-con transfer (car or minibus) from your Medan hotel (3 hours) or from Kuala Namu Airport (5 hours) to Bukit Lawang: including driver, petrol & porter service for your luggage. Check in to your hotel in Bukit Lawang: EcoTravel Cottages, Jungle View Room, bathroom with western toilet and hot water shower, fan, minibar, balcony with jungle/river view, breakfast
- DAY 02/03/04: “Jungle Explorer” (3-day tour): 3-day trek in the Gunung Leuser National Park, 2 nights on a campsite in the jungle, stop at the old orangutan feeding platform area & traditional tube rafting down the Bohorok River back to Bukit Lawang after trekking: includes English speaking guides, porter, rafting skipper, cook, all food and drinking water while trekking, all equipment (tent, mattress, sleeping bag, mosquito net, tubes, safety jackets), luggage storage. Starts at 08:30 am. After trekking stay another night in Bukit Lawang: EcoTravel Cottages, Jungle View Room, bathroom with western toilet and hot water shower, fan, minibar, balcony with jungle/river view, breakfast
- DAY 05: Take a refreshing bath in the Bohorok River, watch stunning wildlife from the sun patio of EcoTravel Cottages or explore the village on your own. If required our team will be more than happy to organize an additional half day trip around Bukit Lawang. Afterwards air-con transfer (car or minibus) from Bukit Lawang back to Medan (3 hours): including porter service for your luggage, driver & petrol. Starts at 11:00 pm (or later). Check in to your hotel in Medan: Hotel Deli River, Deluxe Room, bathroom with western toilet and hot water shower, air-con, balcony with garden view, breakfast (take-away!)
- DAY 06: Air-con transfer from Hotel Deli River to Kuala Namu Airport (1 hour): including driver & petrol. Starts at 05:30 am (flight departure 07:50 am, Citilink QG10)
- DAY 06: Pickup from Banda Aceh Airport at 08:55 am, air-con transfer to Banda Aceh’s Ulee Lheue ferry port (30 min), boat tickets for Bahari Express Ferry (starts at 10:00 am / 45 min) to Pulau Weh and transport by local taxi Freddies Ecoresort (30 min): including driver & petrol. Check in to your hotel: Freddies Santai Sumur Tiga, Deluxe Appartement right on the beach, fan, bathroom with western toilet and hot water shower, balcony with sea view, breakfast
- DAY 07 – 10: Spend 4 days of leisure time on Pulau Weh swimming, snorkeling, diving or why not try and explore the island? Our partner Freddie will love to organize tours for you if required. You can also rent a motorbike and travel around by yourself. Don’t miss a visit to the Iboih Coral Garden and to Kilometer Zero, the northernmost point of the Indonesian archipelago. Stay four more nights on Pulau Weh: Freddies Santai Sumur Tiga, Deluxe Appartement, fan, bathroom with western toilet and hot water shower, balcony with sea view, breakfast
- DAY 11: Transport by local taxi from Freddies Ecoresort to Sabang’s Balohan ferry port (30 min), boat tickets for Bahari Express Ferry (starts at 16:00 pm / 45 min) to Banda Aceh’s Ulee Lheue ferry port and air-con transfer to Banda Aceh Sultan Iskandar Muda Airport (30 min): including driver & petrol. Starts at 15:00 am (domestic flight departure Not before 19:00 pm / international flight departure Not before 19:30 pm!)
|Price per person / min 2 pax|
|Standard Option||398 Euro|
Only the standard package is listed in detail on our website. The higher price of the deluxe option results from a better room type (Jungle View Suite / EcoTravel Cottages) at Bukit Lawang and Lake Toba (Toba Suite / Tabo Cottages). The budget option includes the least expensive room type in the jungle and on Lake Toba (Batak Room, EcoTravel Cottages / Deluxe Room, Tabo Cottage). The budget package does not include transfers to/from Medan.
Unfortunately this is not possible. We run our tours on fixed days, arrival/departure at EcoTravel Cottages is on Mondays/Fridays only, suiting our packages. Some packages also start on Saturdays. But you could add, skip or change some tours in your chosen package frame, if required. It is also possible to extend your stay at our partners on Lake Toba, in Medan or on Pulau Weh – subject to availability. And if all this still doesn’t suit you, why not join our tours only and book your accommodation individually somewhere else?
We recommend not to arrive any later than 18:00 pm in Bukit Lawang! There is also a meeting with your guide team at our EcoTravel Cottages between 16:00 pm – 19:00 pm, where you will be given essential information and an introduction to your trek starting the next morning. But if a pickup service with our EcoTravel team from Medan airport to the jungle is required in the late afternoon we are also pleased to organize this for you. Please just remember that from Medan Airport, the transfer to Bukit Lawang takes about 4,5 hrs, so the later you arrive the later you will get to Bukit Lawang. And if your jungle trek starts the next day you will have to get up early …